Friday 29 March 2013

Haul and Reviews!

I swear, I only went in to boots to get cotton buds!! Of course, I couldn't help but notice that there is currently a 3-4-2 offer across all cosmetics, so of course, I had to indulge (twice over...)

I got two of Collections Cream Puffs in Cotton Candy (01) and Fairy Cakes (03). I'd wanted these for ages, as I wanted some more muted lip colours, but I rarely get along with Nude / muted lipsticks for some reason. On the tube, they are described as "Velvety soft, matt finish lip creme" (and also that they are a moisturising lip creme). I have since used both and can say that they are quite long lasting (3-4 hours), but not at all moisturising! The description of being velvety soft is accurate at the time of application, but after a few hours of wear, they become sort of sticky and horribly drying!  Another issue is that they are described as matte, but they have a slight shimmer or sheen to them, so they're a little off matte! 

Cotton Candy is a muted rose pink 


and Fairy Cakes is an orange-leaning coral.





Cremepuffs retail in Boots and Superdrug for about £2.99


Next in my haul was Barry M's Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint in Vicious Violet (156). Barry M's website claims that the Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint is "enriched with hydrating and lip nourishing Cocoa Butter for a soft and saturated finish" I have the Black Cherry (160) shade, and I definitely agree that the new lip paints are moisturising, but they also feel quite heavy after a few hours of wearing them. They are highly pigmented, definitely stain, and so last a very long time (over 6 hours at least!) They also have quite a shiny finish to them initially, but eventually dry to quite a matte finish (which is puzzling, as I would not associate matte finishes with moisturisation!) Overall, they are a nice addition to Barry M's already lovely selection of Lip Paints, and I'd definitely recommend checking them out! Vicious Violet is a deep, blue based berry shade, and feels a lot lighter than the Black Cherry shade, so if you don't have a colour like it, it's a definitely one to check out. (Barry M Lip Paints retail in Boots and Superdrug (and some Semi Chems) for £4.49!)


Next in my haul is a Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks blush in Pink Cloud. I never gave Natural Collection any attention until recently, when I discovered they held a modest collection of lovely pink based nude lipsticks (stay tuned for swatches and reviews!). I liked the look of this pinky-coral toned blush and thought I'd pick it up. The formula seems lovely, very smooth and not at all chalky.Natural Collections Blushed Cheeks range retails at £1.99 in Boots.



My final purchase from Boots was Barry M's Nail Paint in Cappuccino. In the bottle, Cappuccino looks like a browny-taupe colour, and it was one that I had my eye on for quite a while. On the nail, it looks different under different lights. Sometimes, it looks like a not-so-nice muddy brown colour, and in others, it looks like a gorgeous taupey-grey. Confusing! Barry M Nail Paints retail in Boots and Superdrug (and some Semi Chems) for £2.99 














No comments:

Post a Comment