Friday 17 August 2012

Essence haul!

My local chemist was having a half-price sale on their Essence stock, so I picked up a few bits from it. 
I got a gel eyeliner, an eyeliner pencil and a lipstick. 

I got the gel eyeliner in 'midnight in Paris' which is a deep black. When I tried it out, I was surprised at how soft the formula was. I've only ever tried Maybelline's Lasting Drama gel eyeliner, and I found it far too solid to work with, and this totally put me off gel eyeliners. However, seeing as this was half price (and I had recently heard good things about it from Leeanne at Thunder and Threads) I thought I would check it out. I was really pleased with the formula, although it does take quite a while to dry properly. It lasts for ages and is really easy to work with.

I also got a eyeliner pencil, and again, the formula seems really soft and easy to work with. The pencil is a little thin for my liking, but all in all it seems like a decent pencil



The line on the left is the way it comes out, and the line on the right is it smudged, as you can see, it's very soft and easily smudged.

Finally, I got one of their lipsticks in the shade 42 'Fairytale'




Fairytale is a berry lipstick with a hint of shimmer. It looks almost translucent in the swatch above, but on my lips it seemed highly pigmented, and lasted about 3-4 hours.

If I'm honest, I don't usually trust cheaper end cosmetics, from experience, you get what you pay for. However, Essence has products that are not only inexpensive but are also really lovely quality. 

<3









No comments:

Post a Comment