Sunday 9 September 2012

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

I was given this last week from my friend, a very generous gift! I am so happy to have Naked 2, I've been wanting it ever since its release. 
I have the original Naked, but I feel that the shades in 2 are a lot more suited to cooler and paler skins than the original, and so I thought it would get along with me better. 

The actual case is definitely an upgrade from the original. A cool, taupe tin with a 'lock' closure, as opposed to the velvety (dust magnet) cover with magnetic lock (the magnet was very strong, and never opened on me, but i'm sure they've opened on someone and that's a horrible thought :( ).
~I just realised the colours of the cases of the two palettes sort of represent the tones/colours of the eyeshadows in them. Which is a pretty cool idea :)

The palette holds twelve shadows, 3 mattes; Foxy, Tease and Blackout, and 9 shimmer and glitter shades; Half Baked (which is also in the original Naked), Bootycall, Chopper, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, and Busted.
It also comes with a free double ended shading and crease brush and a mini Lipgloss Junkie in 'Naked'. I was really peeved that they decided to include a lipgloss instead of the usual mini Primer Potion, I love getting the free primers as they are my top eyeshadow primer, and I felt this was a bit mean of UD.  However, when I opened up the packaging, I could instantly smell a wonderful minty smell, the lipgloss! I adore lip glosses with a minty smell and it has a cooling effect too, which I also love. So it redeemed itself in my eyes. 

Foxy: is a very pale matte beige that practically matches my skin colour! I guess it could be used as a highlighter.
Half Baked: a light bronze shimmer. I tried it out against the original Half Baked and it feels much creamier, gives a lot better coverage and is wonderfully blendable.  
Bootycall: I think this is one of my favourites out of the palette. A delicate icy rose with a lovely shimmery transfer. So pretty!
  
Chopper: an intense silvery copper that is almost glittery. 
Tease: the second matte of the palette, a lovely pale taupe. 
Snakebite: a rather understated, but gorgeous, dark bronze. 

Suspect: a warm shimmery beige
Pistol: dark, grey with a touch of taupe. My no.1 from the collection. :)
Verve: shimmery, silvery white. Used sparingly, it would make a lovely highlighter. It would be gorgeous all over with a black liner as well though.

YDK; absolutely stunning! So so shimmery, a coppery gold. Looks as if it has little flecks of gold leaf in it. I prefer silver over gold, so I don't know how much use I'll get out of it, but it is the most eye catching out of the palette.
Busted: A cool, dark, shimmery brown. It is very similar to Dark Horse, just a tad lighter and the shimmer is a lot more prominent. 
Blackout: I was really pleased to see a matte black in Naked 2, as I really dislike the shimmery black from Naked. It has a very sparse amount of silvery glitter, but when you wear it the glitter is barely noticeable. 



L-R
Foxy (you can just about notice it!)
Half Baked
Booty Call
Chopper

Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol

Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

I feel that many of the colours, particularly the lighter ones, seem to be slightly less pigmented, and need to be built up to achieve a good coverage. Though they have a lovely formula that is so easy to blend, so I guess it doesn't matter so much.



The brush that came with the set is really lovely. On one side is a small, slightly stiff crease brush and on the other, a more relaxed and longer blending brush. Both sides are really soft and lovely to use. The brush that came with Naked was a little too stiff and I never really liked using it.

I personally prefer the shades in Naked 2 to Naked. The formula is creamier and easier to blend, but some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented as I'd hoped they would be. Despite the Lip Gloss having a lovely smell, I would still have preferred a mini Primer Potion. However, the double ended brush is really, really lovely and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it, as opposed to the brush that came with the original Naked.
Although there are a few warm shades in it, I think Naked 2 would be more suitable than Naked for cooler skin tones, as it features a lot more taupey and silvery shades.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment