Thursday 26 July 2012

Cupcake and Lollipop Revlon Lip Butters


My first review is about Revlon's wildly popular Lip Butters.  I recently picked up Lollipop from my local Boots, and I was lucky enough to have been a winner in Revlon's recent Facebook competition and received Cupcake as my prize :) 

My prize; with added sweeties. How cute! :)




I love the packaging, particularly the chrome effect tube which I think makes them look a bit fancier than the usual drug store cosmetic. The external packaging has a lovely quilted effect, bringing to mind Chanel handbags and the colour matches the lipstick, so you never need to hunt to find the right shade, unlike most lipstick packaging.

Cupcake is a sheer, pale pink with a small amount of shimmer
Lollipop is an intense fuchsia with a considerable payoff. It contains blue shimmers, making it ideal for cool skin types!

L-R Cupcake and Lollipop after two swipes



Revlon state that they contain "Hydrating mango, shea butter and coconut butter" which all act to moisturise the lips. I found that they were very moisturising, which is a nice change from the usual lipsticks that provide beautiful colours but are terribly drying. The colours aren't as opaque as most lipsticks, and they don't last as long either. However, I feel that the moisturising element of the Butter outweighs their short life and less than opaque quality.

I hope you enjoyed my post :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment